Forty six percent of companies increased their investments in social business in 2012, while 62% said they would do so in the next three years an IBM report has found..
75% of companies are under prepared for the culture changes needed to succeed with social business... And my thought is the other 25% don't have a clue.
In a massive denial of change, companies have placed fingers in their ears and "la la la"'ed themselves through the social media revolution. The irony: the same consumers embracing social media daily are also the people making up the labor and leadership within these companies. Hello!
Social business is a tsunami change... it is not going away. This is a change or die situation.
You must start today.
Worry less about metrics and more about stimulating purposeful action. I am all in favor about metrics but honestly, most organizations don't know enough to select metrics with meaning. Instead, but the top priorities on observing and developing communities with purpose.
Identify and support natural work groups with open communication tools...
Encourage in everyway possible knowledge sharing via social media...
Find social media "naturals" who can model for others and promote, promote, promote them.
Get your people talking now... and make sure you are participating in the discussion. However, if the only way you are participating is via email... maybe you need to sit down and let the "20 somethings" explain what just what is this thing called "social".
We help organizations make changes in behavior that change culture. If we can help you, we would love to chat... even by phone.